Monday, December 20, 2010

Diminishing supply & Rebound

Pic: My BM production, so far @ 3pm, office.
 
Last 2 weeks, I was experiencing diminishing milk supply. Arrrggghhhh! Tensinya!!
 
Qifah is almost 9 month now. Daily supply to babysitter is 4 bottles of 3.5 oz, at the max is 5 bottles (total 17.5 oz). Normally 1st pumping session I can get 7-8 oz, subsequent 2 sessions normally I'll get 3-4 oz each session. So should be just nice for Qifah's daily supply.
 
But since last week, every session I can only get 4 oz the max. There are times when the output level is marginal (0.5-1 oz). Pumped for the whole 20 minutes but yet no let-down reflex. I've tried my normal way of milk-boosting: Horlick + oat, kismis, lots of plain water. But I can't seem to solve the puzzle. There have been a number of times I've to 'steal' from the frozen EBM (and now I don't replenish the frozen EBM anymore). Ohhhhhhhhh... what is happening to me? Or it is time to send my Spectra for servicing? Aiya, service agent kat KL some more... Lecehnya...
 
Should I try other milk booster already? Hmmmm... Hopefully the milk flow will return abundant as before, pray to Allah...
 
Then I came across 2 very relevant articles at Suraya's blog Inspiraluna. Immediately, I modified my pumping timetable during working hour, increased from 2x daily (ehem, memang tak cukup ler 2x je...) to 4x. Alhamdulillah, managed to gather 10-12 oz at office. And I'll top it off with one more session at home.
 
Alhamdulillah... looks like mamaqifah's BM supply is back on track again. On normal working days, the 4x pumping session is normally adhered to. But when it comes to weekend and out-of-office days, I tend to 'break the rules' :P. Aiyaaa... cannot like this laaa mamaqifah.. susah payah adjust your body to increase production, now nak ngelat2 pulak... well, some times circumstances reaaaallly not permissible lah...
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment